First Public Service Gender Indaba
9 July 2008
Public Service Gender Indaba
Date: 18 and 19 August 2008
Venue: Birchwood Hotel and Conference Centre, Boksburg
Theme: Engendering Public Service Policy Purpose
To support considerable effort that has been made to understand, support and promote the context of gender mainstreaming within the Public Service. The Indaba will provide participants with an arena to debate issues that are critical in ensuring that Public Service policies are gender sensitive and responsive.
* To understand ways of mainstreaming gender in all policy formulation and implementation.
* To share approaches of implementing gender initiatives into the public service plans.
* Ensure that all sectors of government are held accountable for their commitment to implement eight step principle action plans for women's empowerment and gender equality.
* To learn skills to successfully mainstream gender.
* To support workplace gender initiatives.
* Intended audience
One Senior Manager responsible for Policy and Strategic Planning, Gender Focal point person and by invitation only.
Tel: 012 336 1178
Tel: 012 336 1603