PRESIDENT MBEKI AND DR NKOSAZANA DLAMINI-ZUMA TO ATTEND SUMMIT ON DRC
President Thabo Mbeki and Minister Dr Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma will leave South Africa on Saturday 29 April for Algiers from 29-30 April to attend a Summit convened by President of Algiers Mr. Abdul Aziz Bouteflika to discuss the way forward out of the current situation in the Republic of Congo (DRC).
The Summit will also be attended by Presidents Kabila, Chissano and Konare.
Minister Dlamini-Zuma will then proceed to:
* Geneva (1-3 May) to attend a Ministerial Preparatory Committee meeting for the 2001 International Conference on Racism scheduled to be held in South Africa
* Nigeria (27-30 May) to attend a Ministerial Conference on peace, stability and development
* A number of Scandinavian countries to prepare for the visit of President Mbeki to certain countries in the region - Sweden 11-12 May; Helsinki 12-13 May; Copenhagen 13-15 May
* London (15 - 20 May) to attend a SA-Britain Joint Forum co-chaired by President Mbeki and Prime Minister Tony Blair
* USA (20 - 26 May) on a state visit with President Mbeki and to attend the SA-USA Binational Commission co-chaired by President Mbeki and Vice President Al Gore.
* 31 May - Minister returns to South Africa.
For more information contact Ronnie Mamoepa at 082-990-4853 or (012) 351-0034-/5/6
Issued by Department of Foreign Affairs, 28 April 2000