Invitation to consultative workshops on the draft Lotteries Policy.
29 Oct 2012
The Department of Trade and Industry cordially invites members of the public and interested organisations to participate at the consultative workshops on the draft Lotteries Policy.
Come and share your inputs on the Draft Lotteries Policy, to enrich the document from its current form, concentrating on the following key areas:
- Structural challenges of the Board and their relationship with Minister.
- The relationship challenges between the Board and the Distribution Agencies.
- The relationship challenges of the Board and Distribution Agencies in relation to
the National Lottery Distribution Trust Fund and the funding criteria implemented to fund good cause organisations.
- Distributing Agencies professionalised and appointed on a full-time basis by the
- An Internal Review Mechanism introduction to deal with aggrieved applicants.
- Simplified processes for accessing funds in the National Lotteries Board to
improve service delivery.
- Should the Act align financial accounting requirements to the Companies Act
2008, as amended, to reduce the burden on smaller organisations to have
financial statements audited
Date: 5 November 2012
Venue: Cape Town Lodge
Date: 7 November 2012
Venue: Durban, Tropicana Hotel
Date: 9 November 2012
Venue: Johannesburg Garden Court OR Tambo
Time: 9h00 to 16h00
Kindly RSVP on or before 30 October 2012 and for more details to: Ms Brenda Ndlovu and Mr Moeketsi Lebotse on BNdlovu@thedti.gov.za or MLebotse@thedti.gov.za
Issued by: Department of Trade and Industry
29 Oct 2012
[ Top ]