Department invites comments on PLTF
13 Jul 2012
The Department of Roads and Transport is undertaking a stakeholder consultation process that involves public participation during which interested parties can make and provide comments on the Gauteng Land Transport Framework (GLTF). The Land Transport Framework is a 5 year strategic document that captures all transport planning in the province. A thirty (30) days period has been allocated for comments and inputs to reach the Department before or on Friday, 17 August 2012.
The outcomes of the public participation process will assist the Department in finalising the Gauteng Land Transport Framework in line with the requirements of the National Land Transport Act (Act No. 5 of 2009) and will allow for the preparation of a final submission to the national Minister of Transport for approval.
The primary objectives of the Gauteng Land Transport Framework are:
- To state provincial objectives and policies and describe the intended development of transport on a provincial-wide basis;
- To ensure that national planning objectives and policies are implemented at the provincial level within the national planning principles;
- To assist with coordinating and integrating land transport planning in a province; and
- To serve as a basis for preparing the Integrated Transport Plans , Public Transport Plans and other relevant local plans.
A draft Gauteng Land Transport Framework document has been introduced to sister Departments, Metropolitan and District Municipalities for their inputs and comments.
The Gauteng Land Transport Framework also considers the national strategic objectives and planning principles and caters for certain additional requirements such as the phased development of the Gauteng Land Transport Framework, the planning programme, integration of the planning process, the required consultation and public participation process, the annual submission and publication requirements.
Copies of the document are obtainable at the following venues:
- Johannesburg: Maponya Mall, Dobsonville, Diepsloot (Thusong Centres) and Sage Life Building (CBD)
- Tshwane: Municipality Offices & Ekungwini Comm Hall/Library; Koedoespoort regional office (GDRT)
- Ekurhuleni: Kwa Thema, Rabie Ridge & Vosloorus (Thusong Centres);
- West Rand: Randfontein (Municipality Offi ces) & Mogale City; Krugersdorp regional office (GDRT)
- Sedibeng: Vanderbijlpark (Municipality Offi ces) and Ratanda(Thusong Centre), Vereeniging regional office (GDRT).
The document can also be downloaded from the Departmental website. Comments can be dropped off at the above venues or e-mailed to PLTF.email@example.com before Friday 17 August 2012.
For more information contact:
Directorate: Transport Planning
Tel: 011 355 7240/7089
Issued by: Gauteng Roads and Transport
13 Jul 2012
[ Top ]