North West aims for maximum innovation to improve service delivery
27 Jun 2012
A Provincial Road Show to improve and maximise participation in this year’s Centre for Public Service Innovation Awards programme as part of the rollout of government’s strategy to unlock innovation and improve service delivery is to be hosted by Office of the Premier in the North West Province at the Cookes Lake Resort in Mahikeng tomorrow.
The objectives of the road-show to be facilitated by Centre for Public Service Innovation are to:
- Enable public servants and their strategic partners from a range of sectors to collaboratively interrogate service delivery approaches, strategies and solutions
- Empower public servants and the strategic partners to embrace innovation as a vehicle for achieving government‘s service delivery priorities
- Demonstrate the role and centrality of innovation as a tool for responding to current government priorities and for anticipating citizen’s changing needs
- Ensure understanding of the innovation awards and participation
- Explore key elements for successfully implementing and sustaining innovative programmes which also assist to reveal the innovative way of simplifying service delivery
- Promote sharing innovative perspectives and practices that responds to service delivery priorities
Officials responsible for communications, service delivery and projects/innovation and Batho Pele Coordinators from provincial government departments, regional offices of national departments, municipalities and state owned entities are expected to attend the session scheduled to commence at 10h00-12h00.
The Centre for Public Service Innovation Awards is held on an annual basis in a quest to single out and celebrate those who strive to do things differently, improve service delivery in the public sector, strengthen and create an enabling environment for improved and innovative service delivery.
Its annual conference is hosted nationally as a platform that exposes public servants and their strategic partners to innovation opportunities and strategies through sharing of related knowledge and experience.
Lesiba Moses Kgwele
Tel: 018 388 3705
Cell: 083 629 1987
Fax: 086 620 4802
Issued by: North West Provincial Legislature
27 Jun 2012
[ Top ]