Francis Baard District Community Builder of the Year
14 Jun 2012
With reference to the above-mentioned, you are cordially invited to the Francis Baard District Community Builder of the Year to be hosted as forth
Date: 14 June 2012
Venue: Flamingo Casino
The Community Builder of the Year Award is an annual award that honours heroes and heroines and recognises their efforts at improving the quality of life of their communities in areas like education, health, sport & recreation, environment, crime prevention, etc:
- To encourage a spirit of volunteerism and nation building by recognising and celebrating the contribution of diverse individuals, groups and institutions towards the upliftment of South African communities.
- Acknowledge community workers for their outstanding work and sacrifice – irrespective of race, colour or creed – all members of our rainbow nation.
- Identify and highlight those community workers who freely give of their time and efforts to uplift their communities and set an example for others to follow.
- Recognise corporations that make positive contributions to the upliftment of their communities.
- Encourage other community members to uplift themselves in the same manner as these role models.
Values and Outcomes
The award is aimed at instilling and achieving the following:
- Economic empowerment,
- Urban renewal, and
- Upliftment of rural communities.
Projects which qualify for the award should:
- Be unique - Be innovative & creative
- Lead to skills development and transfer
- Help to solve basic community needs or problems
- Not be linked to any political organisation or party
- Inspire and encourage others to follow the example in community building
- Display community acceptance and participation
- Must make significant impact in the community
- Display project and financial sustainability
- Should not be initiated by Government.
Awards criteria: Youth, Adult , Senior and People with Disability categories
The nominee must:
Been involved in the project leader for at least two years:
- Be working voluntarily
- Display strong leadership skills
- Be visible and accessible to the community
Awards criteria: Group category
- The group must be working voluntarily
- Have been in existence for at least two years
- Display strong teamwork.
The winners of the District Competitions will then compete for the Provincial Community Builder of the Year.
I trust you will find the above-mentioned in order and grace us with your presence.
Tel: 053 831 4041
Fax: 086 635 1016
Issued by: Northern Cape Provincial Government
14 Jun 2012
[ Top ]