Joint statement by Western Cape MEC of Community Safety, Lennit Max and Transport, Robin Carlisle on new steps against unsafe bus operators
4 Jan 2010
In the wake of a series of unroadworthy buses pulled off Western Cape roads recently, the MEC of Community Safety and Transport today called a briefing to investigate all possible measures to prevent unsafe buses operating in the province.
The MEC were briefed by:
- Head of Department Community Safety
- Acting Head of Department Transport
- Provincial Traffic Chief
- Acting Director Traffic Law Enforcement
- Executive Manager: Client and Regional Services Transport
- Heads of Ministry of Community Safety and Transport
- Acting Head Legal Services
- Chairman Provincial Operating License Board
- Legal Expert Provincial Operating License Board.
The MEC have resolved to take a range of steps against any bus operator that places the public in jeopardy. The MEC have requested urgent legal advice on these steps before close of business today and will make a formal announcement at a press conference at noon tomorrow.
Cell: 071 631 1211
Cell: 083 641 9691
Tel: 021 483 8954
Source: Western Cape Provincial Government
Issued by: Western Cape Community Safety
4 Jan 2010
[ Top ]