Eastern Cape MEC for Transport, Roads and Public Works, Thandiswa Marawu to give feedback to stakeholders
22 Feb 2012
In a bid to remain accountable to stakeholders and the public at large, Eastern Cape MEC for Transport, Roads and Public Works, Thandiswa Marawu will host a stakeholder engagement session.
The MEC will provide a progress report on the implementation of the 2011/12 Policy Speech undertakings. She is expected to outline among others:
- Progress made with regard to the in-sourcing of the Provincial Government Fleet.
- Progress report on the implementation of scholar transport programme
- The department’s plan to overhaul public transport in the Province.
- Repositioning of public transport to contribute to rural development as one of the key priorities of government.
- Latest developments in the upgrade of Mthatha Airport.
- Progress on the Kei Rail project
- Progress on the development of the Provincial Integrated Public Transport Master Plan
- Progress on efforts to ensure maximum beneficiation of Eastern Cape communities in freight, aviation, rail and maritime development initiatives.
- Traffic safety improvement strategies
- Job creation plans through the Community-Based Transportation Programme.
The session is arranged as follows:
Date: Friday, 2 March 2012
Venue: Good News Centre
Cell: 082 5626 023
Issued by: Eastern Cape Transport
22 Feb 2012
[ Top ]