Traffic Chiefs pledge to do more to reduce road deaths
3 Nov 2011Traffic Chiefs from around the country have pledged to intensify law enforcement operations to ensure that road deaths in South Africa are significantly reduced.
Provincial and municipal Traffic Chiefs are currently attending a two-day Law Enforcement Technical Committee (LETCOM) meeting, at the Boekenhoutkloof Traffic College in Pretoria on 3 and 4 November 2011.
Key issues being discussed at the LETCOM include:
- Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020.
- Summary of critical focal areas based on analysis of road crash data and offence survey for August to October 2011.
- Progress report on the new National Rolling Enforcement Plan (NREP).
- Gauteng Traffic Police: experiences from learner transport enforcement model.
- Average speed enforcement.
- National Traffic Police: public transport enforcement.
- Special alcohol enforcement operations.
- Forthcoming December holiday/festive season enforcement plan.
- Joint interprovincial/corridor operations.
Report bad driving to 0861 400 800.
Ashref Ismail (RTMC)
Cell: 071 680 3448
Issued by: Department of Transport
3 Nov 2011
[ Top ]