North West host the Class of 96 match
2 Aug 2011The North West province in its quest to place itself strategically as a host to high class will on consecutive weekends play host to important activities – Banyana Banyana match against Diski Queens (Ex- Banyana Legends) on Sunday, 7 August 2011 at Moruleng Stadium at 13h00, as well as a long awaited opportunity of witnessing the Class of ’96 vs The North West 11 legends on Sunday, 14 August 2011 at Matlosana Stadium at 15h00.
Dr Kenneth Kaunda will be painted with activities as a build up to the main event around the local municipalities as follows:
Friday 12 August
Time: 10h00 to 17h00
- Soccer legends visiting hospitals
- Soccer coaching clinics around the district Potchefstroom, Ventersdorp, Klerksdorp and Maquassi Hills.
Saturday 13 August, Gala Dinner
- Official launch Phil Masinga Academy Gala Dinner on Saturday evening, (guests, soccer player, business people, and soccer gurus from PSL teams.)
- Key note address MEC of Sports Honourable Chauke and other speakers such as Messrs. Mr Jomo Sono and Lucas Radebe.
- The MEC will also launch the Provincial Sport Council and School Sport League programme on the day.
The match: Sunday, 14 August 2011
Venue: Oppenheimer Stadium
- A Football match between two local soccer teams.
- As well football scouts in the likes of Steve Kompela (Free State Stars), Owen Da Gama (Platinum Stars), Jomo Sono (Jomo Cosmos), Aaron Mokoena and Philemon Masinga will select the talent from the teams and during clinics.
Subsequent to the curtain raiser game there will be an opportunity for the soccer fans to lull themselves with the yester year skills from the Doctor Khumalo ‘tsamayas from ’96 squad as well as Thibogang Leseyane’s ‘Jamaican Rumba’ from the North West 11.
The ’96 squad has confirmed as follows: Lucas Radebe, Mark Fish, Mark Williams, Phil Masinga, Jerry Skosana, Pollen Ndlanya, Shakes Kungoana, Doctor Khumalo, John ‘Shoes’ Moshoeu, Linda Buthelezi, Edward Motale, Helman Mkhalele, Mark Fish, John Tlale, David Nyathi and Tebogo Moloi.
Whilst North West Stars comprises of: Sipho Nunens, Thabang Molefe, Lucky Qaba, Cashibe, Thabang Rammile, Brian Sebapole, Eric September, James Makhaya, Brandon Silent, George Makhubela, Bennet Masinga, Fabian McCarthy, Jacob ‘Sbedlele’ Tshisevhe, Thibogang ‘TNT’ Lesejane and Joseph Ngake.
The media is invited to attend and afford our communities the tale of the world class talent they will witness during this long weekend full with developmental activities.
Tel: 018 388 2763
Cell: 082 345 9525
Source: North West Department of Sports, Arts and Culture
Issued by: North West Sport, Arts and Culture
2 Aug 2011
[ Top ]