Kick tuberculosis (TB) activation campaign
25 Jul 2011
You are invited to attend the kick tuberculosis (TB) event which will be held as follows:
Date: 26 July 2011
Time: 08h00 to 10h00
Venue: Credo Primary School, Sasolburg
Theme: “On the Move to Kick Tb Out”
NB: MEC Fezi Ngubentombi will launch the campaign.
Kick TB activation is another way to raise tuberculosis awareness at schools and within the learners and educators’ households. Soccer or football is used by the kick TB campaign to convey TB information and messages amongst learners because of its enormous popularity and potential as an attention-grabber.
The following are activities of kick TB activation campaign.
- poster competition
- all learners given soccer balls printed with TB signs and symptoms
- learners are further participating in score cards question response
- learners dancing for TB song by Malaika
- all attendants will watch a seven minutes TB story DVD
- four soccer teams will participate in a competition (each game to play for 10 minutes)
- presentation of prizes to winners
- there will be turbo boot character to entertain learners.
NB: All school learners (1 404) will be wearing TB Golf Shirts and each learner have own soccer ball.
What will children learn from the campaign?
- They will be able to identify signs or symptoms of TB by themselves and from people staying with them.
- Will have knowledge to seek medical help on time and by this way prevent the spread of infection.
- Will have knowledge on infection control measures.
Tel: 051 408 1872
Issued by: Free State Health
25 Jul 2011
[ Top ]