Minister Blade Nzimande speaks on education opportunities for the youth of South Africa
25 Jun 2011
With the education system in South Africa needing urgent attention, and all stakeholders required to address the shortage of critical skills, the Minister for Higher Education and Training, Dr Blade Nzimande, will address a Youth Imbizo in Eshowe, KwaZulu-Natal, tomorrow, Sunday 26 June 2011.
Invited by the Phambili ngeNtuthuko Community Development Cooperative, an non-governmental organization (NGO) promoting rural development in the area, the Minister will address the following topics in his one-hour speech:
1. How school leavers can access government funding to further their studies in post-school institutions
2. Access to universities and further education and training colleges (“ Further Education and Training Colleges”)
3. The department’s 2015 Vision for the post-school landscape
4. The skills development strategy
5. Improving the culture of teaching and learning in South Africa – the government’s initiatives
6. The broad outline of the government’s spending framework on higher education and training.
Minister Nzimande will also address education-related issues unique to the area of Eshowe. He will be accompanied by senior officials from his department, as well as experts in the education stakeholder community.
The details of the event are as follows:
Venue: Enqoleni Reserve, Eshowe
Time: 8h00 to 13h00
Date: Sunday, 26 June 2011
Journalists should contact the following persons for more details:
Cell: 082 485 9267/ 071 362 4043
Cell: 072 288 5340
Issued by: Department of Higher Education and Training
25 Jun 2011
[ Top ]