West coast rock lobster season announced
11 Nov 2010
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) has announced the new recreational fishing season for West coast rock lobster.
The season for recreational fishing of West coast rock lobster will open on the 15 November 2010 and close on the 25 April 2011.
The following conditions for the West coast rock lobster recreational fishing season will apply:
- from the 15 November to the 21 November 2010, fishing will be allowed every day
- from the 27 November to 12 December, recreational fishing will only be permitted on weekends and public holidays
- from the 13 December to the 31 December, fishing will be allowed every day
- from 1 January 2011 to the 16 January 2011, fishing will only be allowed on weekends and on public holidays.
- from 22 April 2011 to the 25 April 2011, fishing will only be allowed on weekends and on public holidays.
The bag limit has been set at four lobsters per person per day and the size restriction is 80mm carapace length.
Permits will only be issued to persons above the age of 12 years.
Recreational permit holders collecting and landing of west coast rock lobster may do so only between 08h00 to 16h00. The rock lobsters must be landed by 16h00.
No person catching west coast rock lobster with a recreational west coast rock lobster permit may sell such rock lobster.
Any west coast rock lobster caught, collected or transported shall be kept in a whole state.
Any person who wants to catch west coast rock lobster for their own consumption must be in the possession of a recreational rock lobster permit, obtainable from the Post Office or from the department’s Customer Services Centre at Foretrust Building, Foreshore in Cape Town.
For enquiries contact:
Tel: 021 402 3448
Cell: 082 829 3917
Issued by: Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
11 Nov 2010
[ Top ]