Mutale municipality public participation
13 Sep 2010
MEC for Local Government and Housing, Ntate Soviet Lekganyane invites all media to a public participation to be held as follows:
Date: 16 September
Venue: Mulodi Community Sports Ground
The MEC will be engaging with communities within the Mutale Municipality to address issues relating to service delivery.The aim of the department is to gather from the communities the kinds of challenges they are currently facing and to bring an improvement to service delivery.
Up to so far, we have managed to achieve the following:
- allocated 300 units at a cost of R22 200 00,00 (Lukau and Folovhodwe) for 2010/11 financial year
- Ward 04,05 and 06 have benefited from 638 units in total since 1998/99 – 2010/11 financial year.
5 319 units were allocated to ward 04/05 and 06 bringing employment to the villagers and affected communities. Broken down as follows:
- Ward 062041
- Ward 051408
- Ward 041870
- Electrification for 2010/11 financial year is in process at Bashasha village and another project in Khunguni-Guyuni villages. Approximately 595 households will benefit
- Ngwato Electrical Contractor was appointed to electrify 275 Bashasha village with 275 units and the contractor employed 24 employees (18 males and 8 females).
- Upgrading of Mutale Treatment Plant benefiting 35 villages.
- Boreholes had been made available to supplement shortage of water.
- Vhembe District provides community members with free basic water through water tanks once a week
- Gravel roads are being graded by Municipality when there is a need.
An environmental scan conducted indicated a need for more public participation to address issues and create awareness on interventions.
For more information contact:
Cell: 082 806 7405
Issued by: Limpopo Cooperative Governance, Human Settlements and Traditional Affairs
13 Sep 2010
[ Top ]