National Orders awards
27 March 2009
Order of the Baobab: Bronze
- Masenyeki Priscilla Mokone (Posthumous): For her selfless and courageous service to her community as an educator, farmer and community worker.
- Reverend Khoza Elliot Mbuyisa Mgojo:
For his contribution to the field of religion and the pursuit of freedom for all South African citizens.
- Malethola Maggie Nkwe:
For her devotion to the community through serving those less fortunate.
- Rashaka Frank Ratshitanga:
For his selfless dedication to the struggle against injustice and his active commitment to the development of South Africa.
Order of the Baobab: Silver
- Irene Menell:
For her tireless efforts in community service and the educational empowerment of black youth.
- Roelof Petrus (Roelf) Meyer:
For his immense contribution in providing special support in the birth of the new democratic South Africa through negotiations and ensuring that South Africa has a Constitution that protects all its citizens.
- Ethel Normoyle: For her excellent service to society, caring for the vulnerable and poor members of her community.
- Cyril Ramaphosa:
For his invaluable contribution to the multiparty negotiations and convening the Constitutional Assembly to draft the new Constitution during the transition from apartheid to a democratic South Africa.
- Aanon Michael Rosholt:
For his keen sense of justice; his indelible mark in fostering black trade unions and pioneering non-racialism in the workplace.
Order of Luthuli: Bronze
- Jacqueline Daane-van Rensburg:
For her courageous stand against the apartheid government and her tireless campaigning for the liberation of South Africa on international platforms.
- Ayesha (Bibi) Dawood:
For her courage in fighting, apartheid under adverse circumstances and the struggle for democracy.
- Mirriam Hlazo:
For her fervent commitment to community service and upliftment of disadvantaged communities.
- Nomhlangano Beauty Mkhize:
For her outstanding contribution to the fight for workers’ rights and equality for all citizens.
- Lydia Komape-Ngwenya:
For commitment to workers’ rights, the empowerment of rural women and the liberation of our people.
Order of Luthuli: Silver
- Kader Asmal: For his immense contribution to the liberation struggle, the South African education system and the environment.
- Brian Bunting (Posthumous):
For his excellent contribution to anti-apartheid literature and journalism and for his courage in exposing the evils of apartheid to the world.
- Tlou Theophilus Cholo:
For his selfless sacrifice in the struggle against apartheid and exceptional leadership in the trade union movement.
- Denis Theodore Goldberg:
For his commitment to the struggle against apartheid and service to the people of South Africa.
- James Arnold “Jimmy” la Guma:
For his lifetime commitment to the struggle against apartheid and tireless work serving the interest of workers.
- Rebecca Makgomo Kekana Masilela: For her inspiring contribution as a nurturing mother to the exiled cadres who lived in
Swaziland during the struggle.
Order of the Companions of OR Tambo: Bronze
- Jennifer Davis: For her contribution to the anti-apartheid struggle, the field of education and commitment to human rights.
Order of the Companions of OR Tambo: Silver
- Christian Krause:
For putting his Christian religion at the service of justice, freedom and democracy for the oppressed people of South Africa.
- Sadako Ogata:
For her achievement in the eradication of apartheid, negotiated settlement and contributing to the development of post-apartheid South Africa and the development of the African continent
- Marcelino dos Santos:
For his contribution in promoting the ideals of a free and democratic society.
- Bengt Säve-Söderbergh:
For contributing to the elimination of apartheid and colonialism.
- Andimba Toivo ya Toivo:
For his courageous contribution to the fight for independence and freedom in South Africa and Namibia.
- Per Wästberg: For his excellent contribution to the fight against colonialism in Africa and apartheid in South Africa.
Order of the Companions of OR Tambo: Gold
- Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz: For his contribution to the eradication of racism, colonialism, apartheid and inequality in human society.
[ Top ]