National Orders awards
Order of the Mapungubwe: Silver
- Prof. Hendrik J Koornhof: For his excellent work and contribution in the field of biomedical science in South Africa.
- Prof. Johan Lutjeharms: For his research excellence in his field of oceanographic science.
- Prof Bongani Mayosi: For his excellent contribution in the field of research in medical science.
Order of the Mapungubwe: Gold
- Reverend Mangena Maake Mokone
(Posthumous): For his pioneering spirit in
the formation of the African Ethiopian Movement and as a champion
and someone who laid the solid foundations of what will later
germinate to the African and liberation theology.
Order of the Baobab: Silver
Virginia Gcabashe: For her selfless and courageous service to her
community, as a devoted community worker and in recognition of her
sterling dedication to women's empowerment and commitment to the
development of education for the rural and disadvantaged
Order of the Baobab: Bronze
Georgina Firmstone: For her sterling role and
contribution in the improvement of education in our country and for
her exemplary, instrumental and influential role in the field of
- Victor John Ritchie For his selfless and tireless contribution in the educational
field, especially the teaching of mathematics and science.
The Order of Mendi Decorations for Bravery
- Michael Festus Boikhutso (Posthumous): For his
bravery and valour in the face of overwhelming odds and for
sacrificing his life in the cause of justice, freedom and
The Order of Mendi Decorations for Bravery: Gold
- Job Tabane (Cassius Maake) (Posthumous): For his exceptional contribution to the struggle for freedom,
displaying extreme courage against all odds and ultimately
sacrificing his life for a democratic South Africa.
The Order of Mendi Decorations for Bravery: Bronze
- Phindile Ndlovu (Posthumous): For her selfless sacrifice
and her fearless actions, in an attempt to save the lives of young
children from the fire and thereby sacrificing her own life.
Order of the Companions of OR Tambo: Silver
- Anna Abdallah: For her sterling contributions in
fostering friendship and cooperation between Tanzanians and South
Africans during the days of exile and her excellent contribution in
facilitating land and developmental projects for South African
exiles in Tanzania.
- Reverend William Cullen
and Ida Belle Wilcox (Posthumous): For their excellent
contribution to the fight against colonialism policies and the
for equality and liberation of all South Africans.
Order of Ikhamanga: Gold
- Miriam Makeba (Posthumous): For
her exceptional contribution to the field of music and the struggle
for a free and democratic South Africa.
- Lewis Gordon Pugh: For his
exceptional sporting triumphs, humanitarian feats and creating
consciousness about the negative effects of global warming.
- Natalie du Toit: For her exceptional achievements in the sporting arena and for her
Order of Ikhamanga: Silver
Ibrahim: For his excellent contribution to the arts, putting South
Africa on the international map and his fight against racism and
- Letta Mbulu and Caiphus Semenya: For their excellent contribution to the field of music and
struggle against apartheid.
- Jan Rabie (Posthumous): For his excellent contribution in
Order of Ikhamanga: Bronze
- Khotso Mokoena: For his excellent work in
being a good sporting ambassador of the country and for inspiring a
nation to do better in all it does.
Order of Luthuli: Gold
- James Sofasonke
Mpanza (Posthumous): For his exceptional contribution to the
struggle for socio-economic rights and fighting for justice and
restoration of the dignity of black people in urban settlements.inequality in human society.
- Peter Nchabeleng (Posthumous): For
his exceptional contribution to the fight against the apartheid
system in South Africa.
- Johannes Phumani Phungula
(Posthumous): For his exceptional contribution to the trade unions
and political struggle against apartheid.
Order of Luthuli: Silver
- David Rabkin
(Posthumous): For his excellent contribution to the achievement of a
non-racial, non sexist, just and democratic South Africa.
- Dulcie Evon September (Posthumous): For her excellent contribution to the struggle for a non
racial, non sexist, just and democratic South Africa.
- Simon Senna: For his excellent
contribution to the struggle against apartheid and service to the
people of South Africa.
- Ahmed Timol (Posthumous): For his
excellent contribution and selfless sacrifice in the struggle
Order of Luthuli: Bronze
- Sina Keitsing: For
her outstanding contribution the struggle for liberation and
providing safe passage to exiled cadres in Botswana during the
- Nokuhamba Nyawo: For her selfless
role commitment and loyalty to the struggle for a peaceful, democratic, non-racial and non-sexist South Africa.
[ Top ]